The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rescaped my 75g and did away with the full carpet as I want to add a Synodontis catfish. I'm looking more toward the multipunctatus species as I don't want an upside down catfish. The tank currently houses 2 Pinoy Angels, 10 black Neons, and 12 Serpae Tetra's. Any of you have experience with these? I've read that they eat snails as well. Since the tank is just recently planted again, there is just one large "cave" in a large piece of driftwood.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
The tetras would be nabbed, and that specific species you mentioned is not like the others where it can be mixed into SA style tanks. I believe that one HAS to be kept like a rift lake african cichlid. Look it up on Planet Catfish.

Even if you could do it, that particular species needs to be kept in groups of sorts and they are expensive.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow... I'm glad I asked. I'd really like a bigger catfish. I have 6 Cory's in my smaller 46 gallon community tank in the other family room. My black Neons are as big as my Serpae Tetras.

·
Registered
54 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.