The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started in August of 2020 a few cuttings and it now trails to the floor ( wife pushed it out of sight against my idea!) What you see in the aquarium is mostly the roots and stems and some driftwood. I do constantly prune roots that wander too far. Others like in front make a drapery of rootlets,a nice look I think. I operate on a tight budget,no special treatments..iron,potassium,no Co2. The largest leaf on the Syngonium is the size of a hand. It really took off when I started with the iron gluconate. It was doing well before..but the iron takes it to another level.
Last photo is of the sunlight that is my "budget ada solar" !
Plant Green Houseplant Vegetation Water
Wood Botany Organism Vegetation Plant
Plant Leaf vegetable Terrestrial plant Flowering plant Produce

Plant Plant community Vertebrate Botany Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all.
No photo gadget girl. Syngonium does come in colors..but indoors tends to revert to green. Outdoors here in cali the silver stays. Never tried the pink.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine started from plant cuttings put in cutouts made on the 240 gallon for hang on filters of the olden days. Like Aquakings-lol. From that it just found the main left opening and its been trimmed many times since. But yes,just buy a plant,wash off all the potting soil..and plunk in water. They go into no shock..take to hydroponics like a duck to water. I actually saw a vid of them growing naturalized in the shallows of a stream in the Philippines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.