The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 10 gallon was becoming full of algae. I had high light and was dosing ferts and excel but not CO2. My filter was messed up as well and there was little water movement. I took everything out and moved it to my medium light 40 and am just going to use my co2 setup on that tank. So instead of scraping the 10 and taking it down, I'm planning on dosing minimal ferts, excel, cutting down the light time and growing plants that are easy and don't need co2 injected to grow quickly. I found the problem with the filter and fixed that so we are good to go there. What plants do you like for low tech tanks? I need them to stay somewhat smaller because this is a 10 gal. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I have two 10g tanks and they are the hardest to get the "right" sized plants for.
Almost everything will eventually outgrow this size tank.
Petchii Crypt only get about 4-5" tall and perhaps that big around. Only place I've found them is E-bay.

Reactions: KarenSoCal

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I don't mind tall. It's the thick plants that I don't like in my 10 gallon like limno aromatica. Once I get it sorted out, I'll add back a few things like my hygro low grow and a few crypts I have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.