The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered this light and I was wonder what the best way to suspend it above the tank is. Should I buy hooks and screw them into the ceiling and use wire/chain to hang it? Also how do I attach that to the actual lighting fixture?

TIA. :)

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Why not phone Catalina and ask them to include a means to attach a hanging system - like an eyebolt, or hook, etc. already attached at the balance points of the fixture? They have great customer service so they would very likely do it for you.

·
Fear the Swamp!
2,512 Posts
Catalina will pre-drill holes in the fixture to allow for a hanging system, they also have a hanging kit. All you have to do is ask.

·
Registered
13,609 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Catalina will pre-drill holes in the fixture to allow for a hanging system, they also have a hanging kit. All you have to do is ask.
x2 ...

I didn't have this done when I ordered and later decided to hang the light. I had to take apart the fixture to drill the holes and install the brackets that the hanging system attaches to. It wasn't terribly difficult but the brackets are much easier to put in when the light is being assembled. If they haven't shipped your fixture yet you should ask them to put the brackets in so you have the option to hang it.

I made my hanging bar after reading Tom's DIY light bar thread... easy to do and inexpensive.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I called Catalina and they were more than happy to drill in the hole and put the hooks in the fixture for me. I'm still deciding whether or not I should hang it from the ceiling or the pole.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts