The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

So for about the last 2 weeks, one of my smaller bolivian rams has been very lethargic and i assumed had some for of illness as he was supporting himself by sitting on the bottom. Over the last 2 days, he has now decided that he wants to be one of the angelfish in my tank and is continually swimming with the angels who have the upper half of the tank. Rams and angels pretty much leave each other alone in my tank as one group is mid to high the other is low.

It is almost like the fish is drunk as he keeps going up and challenging the angels but then has a bit of trouble going back down sometimes (making me think swim bladder infection) and other times darts right back to its territory, but also seems to have trouble swimming. Not sure whats going on. All levels are normal, i over filter, do weekly water changes and basically just cant figure this out. Part of me wonders if it was an infection that is now affecting the brain. No other fish have died or exhibited any symptoms similar to the small ram.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya.. im thinking its just a bad infection that has traveled around his little body. Starting to dose the tank, I dont want this spreading

1 - 3 of 3 Posts