The Planted Tank Forum banner

Does it include just 1 color or both TAN and Gray color stones?

• It only includes a single color stone

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • It include 2 colors of stones(TAN and GRAY)

Votes: 1 20.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The way I read it is that there are assorted colours (though there are only two colours).

You would purchase either the tan OR the gray coloured ornament.
How would you read it that its tan OR gray when the description literally said Tan & Gray ( &=and=including both options) ?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yeah, but there's this:

"Offered in assorted colors. Please allow us to select for you."

Bump: On further examination...I'm pretty sure you get either tan OR gray, and you don't get to choose. They select for you.

These "stones" are also for sale at Amazon, and it seems people got one color or the other, and didn't get to choose.

("Stones" in quotation marks because according to the reviews, they aren't real stone. They are fake stones made of resin.)

·
Super Moderator
11,986 Posts
I have black,grey, and tan puppies,please allow me to select for you.
You must admit, it can be confusing, particularly since it is possible for puppies to have all three colours!

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
Go to a local rock yard (masonry, brick, soils, landscape and similar terms) and you can hand select exactly the rocks you want from a much larger selection. Often cheaper, too.

That ad is, like a lot of other Petco things, very bad.
Poor wording, poor description.
~ Is it sold by the quantity? Size? Weight?
~As asked in this thread, what color(s) are you getting?
~What are the sizes of the stones?

This Petco add is like buying 'a pig in a poke'.

If you go to a rock yard they are almost always sold by weight, and you can take whichever you want, selecting from a range of sizes and colors. You can see what you are buying, and know what you are getting before you pay for it.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, but there's this:

"Offered in assorted colors. Please allow us to select for you."

Bump: On further examination...I'm pretty sure you get either tan OR gray, and you don't get to choose. They select for you.

These "stones" are also for sale at Amazon, and it seems people got one color or the other, and didn't get to choose.

("Stones" in quotation marks because according to the reviews, they aren't real stone. They are fake stones made of resin.)
Also, There is a less expensive product with the identical picture for less money called just " Stack Stones" instead of " Gray&Tan Stack Stones"

That is what is for sale on Amazon, the less expensive option not the more expensive option.
Amazon.com : Conceptual Creations Stack Stones colors may vary : Reptile Rocks : Pet Supplies

So you are paying more money than another auction which has the identical information except just said it includes stones without the " Gray & TAN" .

Search Results

If there is conflicting information on the page, which one would you go by? The bold faced title on the actual item you are purchasing designed by the manufacturer " Conceptual Creations Gray & Tan Stack of Stones | Petco Store" or a little side bar fine print which looks like perhaps a generic tag that is placed in all the products in the section.

The word " or" should have been used instead of " and" if that were the case. As a side note, Petco new website has had countless mistakes. They should have a heater with a price between $20-$35(depending on the wattage) however no ability to select what wattage. It would have one type of wattage in the picture(say 200-Watt) then a different wattage in the description(say 100-watt) and when you checkout it should show perhaps a 3 wattage in the checkout(50-watt)

So there have been a lot of errors of things not matching even since they made the new website. Case and point is that its not uncommon for Petco especially in their new website to mislabel things or take information from a one variety of the product and apply it to the wrong product as the case with the heaters.

Bottle line:
The cheaper product is "Stack Stones"
The more expensive product is "Gray&Tan Stack Stones"
Both by the same company "Conceptual Creations"
It would reason that you are paying more for the product "Gray&Tan Stack Stones" because it includes both types of stones or at least that is my position.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have black,grey, and tan puppies,please allow me to select for you.
The title is the name of the product itself not a description of items they have available. Its describing what you will receive when you purchase that item.

You will be receiving 1 puppy in either black, gray or tan. Please allow me to select for you.

Longhorn steakhouse special. You will receive a Steak and Lobster diner. (you will get both)
Longhorn steakhouse special: You will get steak or Lobster, let us decide. You will get one.

This is basic S.A.T stuff there.

The company has 2 product:

Cheaper product is
Conceptual Creations Stack Stones

More expensive is
Conceptual Creations Gray & Tan Stack of Stones

The cheaper product said " Please allow us to select a stone in gray or tan for you."

Keyword: " or" since you will get either a Gray or tan stone.

More expensive product from the same company:
Conceptual Creations Gray & Tan Stack of Stones

Also its not uncommon for Petco to include the wrong picture or details in a product however that title comes from the manufacturer themselves.

LINK to show the comparison between both products

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Go to a local rock yard (masonry, brick, soils, landscape and similar terms) and you can hand select exactly the rocks you want from a much larger selection. Often cheaper, too.

That ad is, like a lot of other Petco things, very bad.
Poor wording, poor description.
~ Is it sold by the quantity? Size? Weight?
~As asked in this thread, what color(s) are you getting?
~What are the sizes of the stones?

This Petco add is like buying 'a pig in a poke'.

If you go to a rock yard they are almost always sold by weight, and you can take whichever you want, selecting from a range of sizes and colors. You can see what you are buying, and know what you are getting before you pay for it.
Yes it would be great to have more detail and know exactly what you are getting. One of the worst things I have seen is when I tried to buy a heater and found that the picture, description and title showed a different wattage for the same heater.

50 watts, 100 watts, 200 watts. I did not know what to except.

Do you trust the Title, description or picture? Another time, they had an aquarium background with a planted tank picture and the background arrived it was a Marine Coral picture.

The picture on the website did not match the product I received.

One of the reasons I was lead to believe it was 2 color rocks( probably 2 bags worth is because the company that makes this has another 2 products on the website for these stacking stones:

1. Conceptual Creations Stack Stones ( cheaper option which I think is one color stone)

2. Conceptual Creations Gray & Tan Stack of Stones (more expensive option which indicate that you are receiving more since you are paying more and the title differs from the cheaper option by saying that you will be getting Gray & Tan) vs simple " stack stones"

Search Results

Both seem to be identical except one is " Tan and Gray stones" and the other one is just " stacking stones" being the more expensive one had both stones in the description with the word " and" which normally means both.

P.S. Thank you for the tip on the stones. That sound like what I should do in the future.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To further add to the point that Petco mislabels stuff all the time. Check out this tasty cat treat!

Petco Air Control Valve for Freshwater or Marine Aquariums | Petco Store

* This Aquarium control valve is listed under cat treats!!!

This is one of the reason I would be more inclined to believe the manufacturer's product title then some small small bring generic information printed on the side of the page from Petco.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts