The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received a free oto from my LFS. He apparently was the tail end of a shipment that no one wanted. He died, sadly, three days later. But having him in my tank for the first few days made me want some of my own.
Anyways... With him I got a few ghost shrimp to add some diversity to my shrimp tanks gene pool. And two tiny male shrimp to pick up leftovers in my larger tank while I wait for my Blue Pearls to arrive. It seems that while scooping up shrimp they also scooped up two baby fish. Not sure what they are, but I'm assuming that they are some sort of live-bearer. They have round tails, if that helps. It could really be anything, They had every live-bearer known to man in that row. An I know a baby fish could easily slip between the dividers. Secretly I'm hoping its a guppy. Because that's the only fish that will fit in with my tank.
They are about 3/4 of a centimeter long, and look basically like any other baby fish.
My questions are;
How long till they start to show what they are? How long till adulthood? Should I be doing anything special for them? They are eating little bits of flake food and what I think is algae. And they eat the little pieces of bloodworms that fall off the cube. What do i do with them if they aren't guppies? I can't really afford another tank.

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
3 weeks and they'll be almost a quarter inch long and easy to ID. I'm betting some livebearer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.