The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have an Eheim 2026 and I would like to get an extractor for it. I looked them up on google and the only ones I saw showed other models, but not the 2026. Would I need a certian one? I thought the tubing was all the same for these so it should work... Also if it will work is there anything else I will need to buy, or is it just plug and play?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/e...parts-needed.html?highlight=surface+extractor

Here's a thread with the answers you're looking for. Overall though it seems the Eheim extractor is rather difficult and needs constant tinkering to make sure it skims the surface. Most people use the Hagen model with great success, all you need to do is break off a couple of the skimming teeth and it should work flawlessly.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Raul, that thread wouldn't open (for me). Just for the record, the Eheim surface extractor works great, BUT, its only rated for a 200GPH filter and needs to be coupled to the existing intake with parts. That is the boogie here. Its kind of funky to set up that way with changes from small Eheim hose to the standard 5/8 hose. I can walk you through it if you want to PM me. Big Als sells the parts. I have them all laying around with a "retired" surface extractor. I may use it with the Ecco on one of my small tanks, but I may sell it myself, if I get around to it.

That said, the Eheim S extractor would be perfect if you had a little second dedicated Eheim Ecco filter or the like - just for the extractor. I actually liked the design. Too bad they don't make one for bigger tanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.