The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have way too many cuttings and left-overs and floaters from all the trading I have been doing lately. So I am putting all the "extra" plants in 4 boxes and am sending them out for $20 each. Each box will have many different types and species of plants. Each box will be different. I will not list what I am sending....But I will say some rooted,some big, some stem,some small, and some floaters in each box. Each box will also have "moss" leftovers. I would think each box would plant a 10 gallon fairly well. You can check my feedback and know I do ship stuff you will want to put in your tank, however I do have snails and shrimp that might tag along too.
Rules
1 you must post here and then pm me
2 you must have good feedback
3 you must be willing to leave honest feedback for me

·
Registered
429 Posts
Edited....

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Thomas, you need to be specific with your deals. You need to list the plants you are sending to give people an idea of what plants you are sending.

I also agree, $20 for shipping? how big is this box? ... Shipping standard USPS is only $4.05 ... and I doubt that it will cost more than $10 bucks to ship the box, yet maybe less than $10.

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
^ ditto

Consensus is that RAOK = free or cost of shipping. There are exceptions of course, but you don't give enough information to determine this. A huge bag of fissidens for $20 is an RAOK, for example.
Enough plants to plant a 10g sounds like a normal price to me, not RAOK. Depending on species, it might be an RAOK, but you don't say what is in there.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
^

I don't think so, its good for people to know. Yes we do sound harsh on him but we don't mean it. We just want to make sure that people who are purchasing stuff on here receive specific information before bringing their wallets out.

You just don't list something for sale without SPECIFICALLY explaining what exactly is in the package. If your lazy to list all the plants, don't bother selling it at all because it won't help a bit.

·
Banned
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOW I did not expect such posts. I am not trying to make a quick buck on others. I was intending on sending out old big plants I had pulled up rescaping and some leftovers that don't fit in. basically I was going to put about 3lbs of plants in lunchbox size box. Every box was to have crypts,vals,sags,moss,stem plants, all that have been mine for years,and a FEW trimmings I could not use.
1 example. Who needs like 100 stems of hm for a 6 inch patch on a hill? I got like 100 stems when I only needed 50 so why not share? I did pay for it.
2 example. I got some flame moss 4 grids which I used and some "extra" Which I used some but not all. I paid for it so I should be able to share the excess no?
What is wrong with letting go of things I paid for and can't use? Should I waste almost perfect plants just because I was sent more then I could use?
If I am out of place please send me a pm stating why and I will address this matter in the best way.
I lowered the price for boxes. I just have too many floaters that have no where to go.

·
Registered
408 Posts
^yes you did, Chaz. Maybe this doesn't fall under the specific category of RAOK, but Tom has been given grief since his first day here. He's gone above and beyond to show that he's a good seller/buyer as well. Tom, maybe you can just advertise this as a "surprise package" or something to that effect. Best of luck. I know that your plants, livestock are top notch.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I think it's RAOK still if you are getting an exceptional amount of plants. But it would have to be exceptional. How about you just call it a "hell of a deal box".

·
Premium Member
2,026 Posts
Innocent, yelled at, flamed, and fried in less then 20 minutes. HAHAHA

Thanks for trying chaznsc:)

I agree....next time....lets try to to PM first before flame. Im sure Mr.ThomasWalls would have corrected the post in a second after the PM's.

People are out for blood:icon_twis

jB

·
Banned
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree....next time....lets try to to PM first before flame. Im sure Mr.ThomasWalls would have corrected the post in a second after the PM's.

jB[/QUOTE]

You are so right:help:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Innocent, yelled at, flamed, and fried in less then 20 minutes. HAHAHA

Thanks for trying chaznsc:)

jB
there was no flaming, just letting him know.

if you think that's flaming...then you should definitely check out some other forums, this would be consider weaker then weaksauce.:tongue:

back on topic now

Tom is a great guy to deal with, I have dealt with him before and definitely will again in the future.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
The most important thing is being specific about what exactly you are offering. Why not just list the plants so that we can get an idea of exactly what to look for? You know the forum rules about buying, selling, and trading.

We are just enforcing those rules so that it'll help you in the long run. I don't have anything against you Thomas in case you were thinking that, i'm just trying to help you out ... if you took it the wrong way, I apologize but please do be specific about what you are offering.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
if you think that's flaming...then you should definitely check out some other forums, this would be consider weaker then weaksauce.
True, this was just posting the usual way things are done. There was no direct or personal attack on Thomas, we can tell by his ratings that he is a good guy :D!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just got some crypts from this gentleman, and I liked it so much I'll gladly give him $20 for a box if he has any left, even without specifics... :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts