The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
I currently made a diy led canopy for my diy tank and cabinet :surprise: anyway I have been querying the bulb options as I have noticed a slow down in my rotala growth. However I have a ridiculously dense carpet of dwarf sag and I am swaying towards the slow down in my tank more due to an iron deficiency (new growth on rotala seems stunted and more yellow).

I dose profito in same dosing as I have for the past year but I am thinking that the tank needs extra to keep it moving forward.

I intend to grow some stargrass in the corner by the wood but want to get it right. Would it be recommended to dose easy life ferro along with my profito?

·
Planted Tanker
6,059 Posts
Sounds reasonable to me. If plant mass has tripled for example, the amount of nutrients that is required/or used, has also went up.

Personally I might try raising macros first because those are what plants use most of. Macros can affect new growth as well, regardless what the deficiency charts say.

Might just be low on Fe though. Shouldnt hurt anything to add a bit more and see.

Could also be a co2 issue, requirements for that has gone up too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.