The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks back I bought a Satellite FW+ and enjoy the system, but I don't find it brought enough. After a couple of days of running it I added back the PC's on the two cube I had running on top of the Sat +. I'd like to consolidate and go for another LED strip. I'm not sure if another Sat + would be the right amount of lighting or if I should add a Finnex to promote growth as well as add more lighting to the setup.

Thoughts?

The only constraints I have is that it needs to be a 24" strip, not clip-on or suspended. Not clip on because I don't like that mounting style (find it to put none needed pressure on glass pane) and no suspension as I prefer not to hand a wire from the ceiling or rig up a light stand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ran 2 x Current Satellite Plus together on an 18" (21 without substrate) 55 Gallon tank and found that it was only good enough to grow stem plants, and very slowly, and no pearling. Thats with CO2 + reactor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.