The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tank: Opticlear 6mm 35x25x25 cm
Filtration: EHEIM 2213 + Lilypipe + Mini HOB surface skimmer
Lighting: CFL OSRAM HO 28W/865 + CFL Phillips Tornado 24W Daylight (initially, next will be 2x18W)
Substrate: used ADA Powersand Special, ADA 5 Elements (got it free), used ADA AM I + new ADA AM II, ADA AM Powder (not yet)
Plants: Hemianthus challitrichoides 'cuba', Eleocharis acicularis

UPDATE (07-08-11)

initial setup

UPDATE (17-08-11)

day 10th, first massive trimming

UPDATE (04-09-11)

day 28th
Put in 2 ottos and 1 horned snail, downgrade lamps to 18Wx2

UPDATE (26-09-11)

day 40th
need trimming soon,

UPDATE (29-09-11)

day 43th,
2nd trimming

Critiques and advices are welcome :)

·
Registered
733 Posts
excellent rock work and i love the hc and the minimal amount of ea! thank your for the great pix of the progress!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice , what bps you running for the co2 and your water temp ?
about 1bps, but IMHO we cant refer to bps because not all bubble counter has the same pipe size.
And CO2 concentration in water is very depend on diffuser type, kH, pH, temperature, surface agitation, and other things. So I always refer to dropchecker to get better reading.

and the tank average temperature is 25C

·
Registered
68 Posts
about 1bps, but IMHO we cant refer to bps because not all bubble counter has the same pipe size.
And CO2 concentration in water is very depend on diffuser type, kH, pH, temperature, surface agitation, and other things. So I always refer to dropchecker to get better reading.

Are u using pressurized CO2 or DIY yeast?

·
Registered
434 Posts

quite true , everyone has different water parameter , i guess its just a rough gauge info

your drop checker is in between the lily pipes ?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Beautiful tanks. That rock is amazing, looks very natural.
Is there any particular reason why you started with higher light and then cut backed once the tank matured?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Beautiful tanks. That rock is amazing, looks very natural.
Is there any particular reason why you started with higher light and then cut backed once the tank matured?
I start with planting cuba in emerse form, and cuba needs lot of light also high CO2 to speed up adaptation process to submerge leafs. After cuba start to grows their new submerge leafs and rooted well, they can grow only with medium lights.

Yet another well done iwagumi. Good job, what can I say :hihi:
Thanks bud :)

Add some shrimp! (but 25C seems too high)... Or some neons, or B. briggitae!
Brigittae or maculata will suit this tank

inspiring! very nice batch of seiryu stone you got there.
Thanks bro :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts