The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I'm interested in keeping these shrimp in the future for breeding purposes.

I'm trying to figure out if they would prefer... my tap water (moderate gh/kh/ph) or if they actually prefer the same water conditions as my crystals (I will keep them species only because I'm not interested in TiBees).

I keep reading contradicting parameters so I'm wondering if sources list them in softwater parameters just to breed+keep them with crystals.

My goal is to get these shrimp to breed like neos (aka really fast).

What do you super tiger breeders breed them in?

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
219 Posts
When I kept these I did so under identical conditions as for crystal shrimp. I used ADA Amazonia and re-mineralized the same. The colony blew up and I had tons very quickly. They are extremely tolerant and versatile.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
ive tried tiger in crs conditions but i would get berries and never see babies once i moved mine to a ph above 7 (7.2 i think it was) they took off. super tiger are not quite as picky as other tigers like oebt, red, royal, and black. i would try to match the parameters of who ever you get them from. if you want to adjust them do so over time or move babies/juvies to another tank as you have them and see how they do best for you

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
Super tiger is from identical parameter as crs. Can't compare them to normal tigers because they haven't been inbred in tap water conditions for hundreds or thousands of generations.

Mine always did best in Amazonia with reconstituted RO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.