The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so ready to set my tank on fire. I do a water change and all my fish die. Couple days afterwards every damn crypt melts. I don't know what the water company added to the water besides crank up the chlorine. Whatever it was the crypts hate it. Hell even the lily is melting back.

I haven't had a melt down like this since November. Now I have to start over which would take another 3-4 months to get to where it was at.

Close to giving up on the crypts.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sorry you've been having such a hard time with your crypts! It can be hard to watch your plants waste away in front of you for seemingly no reason at all.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm much help as crypts have always been a mystery to me. Sometimes they melt for me, other times not.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Don't give up on the crypts. As long as the rhizomes are healthy and the roots are undisturbed, you can start seeing new growth in two weeks or so depending on the species.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Crypts are a really hardy plant. Right now I have a bunch of crypts in one of those readymade nano tanks, the fluval chi, and after the inital melt they bounced right back. I see you're even using a planted tank substrate so I would just trim them and wait.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.