The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing, I was thinking about running a different pump. The threads don't appear tapered but they also don't have an exact size, or at least a common one.

I took my calipers to the threads and they're ~15/16", 29/32" or 0.91" to be exact. In MM it's 23.3mm. I don't have any idea how they came up with that.

I have found one sketchy item on Scamazon that looks exactly like the inlet valve, I might order one. I might keep digging until someone else chimes in though.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been wondering the same thing, I was thinking about running a different pump. The threads don't appear tapered but they also don't have an exact size, or at least a common one.

I took my calipers to the threads and they're ~15/16", 29/32" or 0.91" to be exact. In MM it's 23.3mm. I don't have any idea how they came up with that.
How pathetic is the pump? I'm planning on using this on my Cerges reactor but I'm not sure I'll get enough flow. I need to hook it up for a test.

Let us know if those quick disconnects fit, they are way cheaper than Eheim ones.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Mine pushes water up about 6" to the top of my griggs, down a ~12" in the griggs, and then up 3' to the tank. It makes it, but it's not mind blowingly fast. It's more than a trickle but not anywhere near 100gph, maybe like 30gph. I am pushing it in my situation though, 3' is it's maximum head height. Still have some fiddling to see if I can't get some more flow from it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine pushes water up about 6" to the top of my griggs, down a ~12" in the griggs, and then up 3' to the tank. It makes it, but it's not mind blowingly fast. It's more than a trickle but not anywhere near 100gph, maybe like 30gph. I am pushing it in my situation though, 3' is it's maximum head height. Still have some fiddling to see if I can't get some more flow from it.
That's what I'm afraid, I'll hook mine up soon and see how it goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.