The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember seeing a flapper in the output line when I set this up, but nothing to stop flow through the intake back into the canister. I like the fact that this has a single quick disconnect for maintenance, but will the intake line siphon down if I use the quick release before emptying the intake line, or is there anything in the quick release that will stop the water? Since the directions don't tell you a thing I figured I could ask here before trial and error. Do owners of this canister just usually pull the intake line out of the water to drain quickly, then unplug the unit? Then use the quick release to remove both lines from the canister? I just want to do the simplest easiest way.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Unplug the power to the unit first. Then simply lift the quick disconnect lever up and you can remove it, a small amount of water will spill into the quick disconnect area, but it drains back into the canister.

You don't need to lift the intake out of the water. Just use the quick disconnect. The quick disconnect has a valve for both the intake and outlet, so when you lift the lever, both are closed/shut, when you latch it back down, they are open.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unplug the power to the unit first. Then simply lift the quick disconnect lever up and you can remove it, a small amount of water will spill into the quick disconnect area, but it drains back into the canister.

You don't need to lift the intake out of the water. Just use the quick disconnect. The quick disconnect has a valve for both the intake and outlet, so when you lift the lever, both are closed/shut, when you latch it back down, they are open.
Right on. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.