The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty sure I want to add sunset hygro to my tank. I live in NJ should this be a hard and expensive plant to find? I have only found it in one store at a high price. thanks

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
It's not a very rare plant. If you were closer I'd give some to you. It is a good plant to have though. Grows pretty easily and the red can get intense on the upper leaves with enough light. Just look around the LFS in the area.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not a very rare plant. If you were closer I'd give some to you. It is a good plant to have though. Grows pretty easily and the red can get intense on the upper leaves with enough light. Just look around the LFS in the area.
If i request it should a lfs be able to bring it in? I keep on stopping at my lfs and I keep on missing the guy that orders the plants.

·
Plant Clown
4,729 Posts
Ironically, it grows so prettily and quickly that you'll probably get rid of it (eventually) because it starts to take over your tank.

It'll grow steadily until it gets close to the lighting, and then - BOOM - your tank has become a hygro colony.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Well if you ever come into NYC, they have it at Win aquarum in chinatown. Boatloads of it too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts