The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a couple of stems of sunset hygro a couple years ago.

For some reason they have never grow well or fast in my tank. They stay small and don't look bright and healthy like all the other plants. I have a Catalina Aquarium 1x54 T5HO light, CO2, and dose using the EI method.

Any ideas what I might be the cause? I thought these things grew fast?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
That's weird, when I had mine it grew pretty well. Where is it in the tank in relation to the light? I had mine in the back corner away from the lights and it grew kinda slow until it grew over top of my other plants.
Try moving it out from under other plants and/or directly under the light and see what happens.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is in the back, but there are no plants near it or blocking the light. I have the light raised a few inches off the top of the tank and the light is evenly distributed. I will try to put it directly under the light and see if that helps.

I feel like I am missing something this plant requires. It is strange because I have seen it in low light tanks growing really well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.