The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello;

My sunset hygro has been shrivelling as of late.

It was previously looking really good. It is still growing quickly, but its colour has faded, and it is shrivelling. The rest of my plants look healthy still. I am dosing PMDD, substrate is Schultz Aquatic Plant soil, 80W spiral CFL, Ph 7-7.2, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate ~5ppm.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you dose phosphates? I believe PMDD doesn't include any... could be an issue. Plants don't look that bad. Are you sure they are shrivelling?

How long has it been there? What tank size? Is that 80W actual watts or "incandescent equivalent" watts?
80W actual, no phosphates, 29g. I am pretty sure it is shrivelling. That picture doesn't show the worst of it, but there are places where the leaf has sort of folded.

Question, isn't there phosphates produced by fish/food waste?

·
Registered
767 Posts
80W actual, no phosphates, 29g. I am pretty sure it is shrivelling. That picture doesn't show the worst of it, but there are places where the leaf has sort of folded.

Question, isn't there phosphates produced by fish/food waste?
I think you've got a CO2 deficiency. BTW I would dose phosphates too. 5ppm of nitrates could be low if you factor in the plus/minus accuracy of your test.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.