The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im sure they listed to make you think you getting a deal and your not. but the other stuff onthe site looks liek a fair deal. The first link is whati wantd to knwo more about than the lights.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im sure they listed to make you think you getting a deal and your not. but the other stuff onthe site looks liek a fair deal. The first link is whati wantd to knwo more about than the bulbs. They look like they are for non Aquatic use what do you think.

• Will not accept protective lens.
• Not for use in wet environments

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
It is a horticulture light. You could use it, but, not rated for wet environs so I wouldn't recommend. That said, T5s are definately the way to go IME.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
They are the same company that makes the popular Tek Light. These are just a bit cheaper and intended more for horticulture as Betowess said. Note that they run on a single power cord so they are either all on or off. If you get the aquarium version Tek light there are 2 cords for the 4 bulb & up units. Yeah those prices are individual. Just bounce them off other websites and you can see they are very close. I sure wish you could get 40 GE Starcoats for $16. But I figure they actually cost more to make than 40 cents each. I bet you cant buy them individually. I bet you cant even buy from them anyhow. Those are MSRP prices and they sell to distributors who you can then buy from. You'll notice there is a 'dealer search' link on the left. Chances are those prices arent necessarily what the dealers charge either.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks they had a post on craigs list selling some of there stuff.
sorry for the keying errors i was at work and typing fast in between calls :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts