The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Cool. Didn't know they made a newer version. Do you know if it is just merely cosmetic changes? Or did they make some tweaks that improved any sort of functioning (stronger water pump, better "zero" water-bypass, easier priming, thicker plastic material, or anything like that?)?

·
Registered
284 Posts
So far the flow seems similar to the older 3 series and it's nice they put the pump back inside the filter where it belongs. The filter housing seems to be more bulky and durable. The baskets inside are the same as the old one but the overall housing is much bigger. I filled the entire canister up with water before sealing it and priming was maybe ten pumps at best and good to go. Honestly it seems like they took all their best ideas from previous models and incorporated them into an overall nicer unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to mention at $57.99 shipped it's a steal. I'm partial to eheim quality and they've always been my favorite but for the price these Sun Sun filters have done their job well. Only thing I've noticed is their tank size ratings are terrible. For example a 403b I have is a the perfect size for a 38 gallon planted tank not the 100 gallon they claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.