The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 of my sump baffles are leaking. :mad:

I plan to move all my media to a bucket, with air stone, will that be OK?

How long will tank and plants be with no filter? My power heads will still be running and will move heater into the tank.

I need 24 hours for the silicon to dry.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Thanks, they are acrylic, sump itself is glass.
Yeah, thats the trouble with acrylic on glass. You need to use allot of silicone to "cradle" the acrylic due to the fact that acrylic doesnt bond well with silicone.

As I'm sure you are in a hurry to get things running as they were, I think my recomendation of going to a local glass store and get custom cut panels of 1/8" glass is not going to be "fast" enought for you.

Now if its a small sump you could go to lowes or HD and get small glass panels cheap and get a basic glass cutting kit and cut off excess glass from the panels.

again, much luck to you

·
Registered
121 Posts
Your tank should be alright running with just powerheads until the silicone dries. I'd just make sure that there's one rippling the surface for oxygenation. There are nitrifying BB on every surface of the tank and will help until you get your sump back up and running.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Your tank should be alright running with just powerheads until the silicone dries. I'd just make sure that there's one rippling the surface for oxygenation. There are nitrifying BB on every surface of the tank and will help until you get your sump back up and running.
absolutely! even a couple days without the filter the tank will be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts