The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking now that the temps are starting to drop a little will we see a decline in threads complaining of green water, algae, etc. I'm courious as to how many problems might be caused by water temperature.

We have had a little cooler weather here in Maryland and my tank water has dropped 2 degrees but my thermostat settings have not changed.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Summer Heat ???

Hello 150...

No outside temperature changes in Colorado yet, fairly cool nights though. Interesting question about water temps. The A/C is on quite a bit this time of year, so the water in the tanks stays within a couple of degrees of the 76 range where I keep my tank water.

No algae issues. Have a lot of plants, so no extra nutrients available for it use. Am a little fanatical about crystal clear water.

B

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well there are so many other things that can help, a tank with lots of nutrients and about 1/3 of the water movement it should have and then the water temp increases from 77 to 82 over a weeks time in August. I wasn't really thinking in terms of a perfect tank but an overall view, lots of tanks out there may only need one more thing to set them off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.