The Planted Tank Forum banner

Summer comes, and I say farewell to my "Summer Mountains"

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  James From Cali 
#1 ·
I was planning to post this later . . . but I can't help myself . . . and I feel remorse in the last days of this aquascape's life . . .

「夏の山」-- "Summer Mountains"

Here is likely a final photo of my "Summer Mountains," which was meant to look like the green bamboo and tree covered summer mountains in Japan. I hope some remember the older threads on this scape. :icon_lol:

Summer vacation draws near (I should be studying for my asian traditions final tomorrow . . .) and the date for my flight back home to Hawai'i encroaches. This aquascape's time is just about run. :(

It brought me so much pleasure near the end. Heck, throughout the whole process. I hope it can bring to others some fraction of the feeling it brought to me-- but I'm just thankful I had the chance to do it, because I can't say how much it taught me about art, aquascaping, photography, and life.

I'll be very sad to see it come down-- in two days. :(

Thanks to everyone who followed this aquascape, and helped me and critiqued me througout its making. I don't know if you can see it in this last photo, but you all really helped me and I took all of it to heart whether I used it or not.

I hope you can enjoy these last photos (though I may edit more later, :icon_lol:) and look out for more of my projects in the future. :D

See less See more
#4 ·
What exactly is involved in inner-examination?
Happy travels and when studying gets to be a drag, listen to some DJ Krush.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.