The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to add another species to my shrimp tank that's compatible with my RCS. Thoughts on Sulawesi Shrimp?

I have a planted flourite substrate Picotope tank. My current tank parameters seem to be good for Sulawesi in the future.

They look so beautiful and might be a nice visual addition. Anyone with experience and thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Tiger can be kept in the same parameter of neos cherry shrimps. Most tiger shrimps sp. (Tangerine tiger, regular tiger...) are hardy and can adjust to a wide range of water parameter.
If you like to keep and breed Sulawesi shrimps, better setup a new tank, use RO/distilled water with Sulawesi minerals.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
@Ahboram Still depends on your water parameters (majority of the time they are compatible, unless your pH is high in the 8's). Take a look at the links above. If they are within the parameter range of your tank, they can be housed together.
Tigers preference range is closer to Neos than most soft water Caridinas which is why tigers can often be housed together with Neos.

Breeding rates will vary slightly depending how favoring the water parameters are to which species.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tiger can be kept in the same parameter of neos cherry shrimps. Most tiger shrimps sp. (Tangerine tiger, regular tiger...) are hardy and can adjust to a wide range of water parameter.
If you like to keep and breed Sulawesi shrimps, better setup a new tank, use RO/distilled water with Sulawesi minerals.
@Ahboram Still depends on your water parameters (majority of the time they are compatible, unless your pH is high in the 8's). Take a look at the links above. If they are within the parameter range of your tank, they can be housed together.
Tigers preference range is closer to Neos than most soft water Caridinas which is why tigers can often be housed together with Neos.

Breeding rates will vary slightly depending how favoring the water parameters are to which species.
Ok thanks all. I use salty shrimp gh/kh+ for my R/O water is that different from the sulawesi minerals?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.