The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw some pics of these on planetinverts.com. They look neat (and a lot bigger than thai micros). Anyone know about these? Breeding habits? Just curious.

EDIT: forgot to mention, I'm NOT talking about Geosesarma sp. aka vampire crabs.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
All known freshwater crabs have no larval stage, so that's a bit helpful if you're hoping to get them to breed and to care for the young. There are an awful lot of freshwater crab species in that area, which are you interested in?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All known freshwater crabs have no larval stage, so that's a bit helpful if you're hoping to get them to breed and to care for the young. There are an awful lot of freshwater crab species in that area, which are you interested in?
Actually there are species of crabs that start out as zoea. Micros do.

I just saw pics of them on planetinverts, so I have no clue about species. I was just wondering what people may know about freshwater sulawesi crabs.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Aegla are from South America. There are a dozen species of freshwater crabs that live in the Sulawesi lakes, and some are kept as pets. Panther crabs are one example, though I don't know that they are exclusively found in Sulawesi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.