The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've just completed the set up and planting of my 3ft planted tank, now I have an idea of fish that I'm wanting to transfer from my other tanks into this tank to live hopefully, in harmony and will not destroy my scape beyond repair. :help:

I'm wanting to add the following to the tank:
8/10 x Beckford's Pencil Fish
4 x Candy Stripe Pencil Fish
9 x Rams, but they will be in there only until they pair up and can be moved to their own breeding tanks from there.
3 x Rummy Nose Tetras
9 x Pygmy Cory's
6 x Dwarf Pepper Cory's
2 x Peacock Gobies
3 x Firefly Loaches
2 x Dwarf Anchor Catfish
1 x Cockatoo Male
1 x Viejieta Male
2 x Angel Plecos OR
1 x Bulldog Pleco.

This is a 100lt, 91cm tank with 2 x 39w T5 globes and it currently has a 700lph powerhead filter, a 200w heater currently set at 28 deg C (because of the Rams), running in it.

Plants that I currently have in here are UG, Hair grass, Glosso, Blyxa Japonica, Dwarf Crypts, Baby's Tears, HM, Aponogeton, Grandulosa, Rotala pink, New Zealand grass, Potamogeton Gayii, Pogostomon Octopus, Willow Leaf Hygro, Sunset Hygro, Normal Hygro, Mayaca Fluviatius, and a couple of others I cant quite remember.

Please can you help in telling me what the best fish combination would be that, like I said won't destroy my scape...

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Hi all,

I've just completed the set up and planting of my 3ft planted tank, now I have an idea of fish that I'm wanting to transfer from my other tanks into this tank to live hopefully, in harmony and will not destroy my scape beyond repair. :help:

I'm wanting to add the following to the tank:
8/10 x Beckford's Pencil Fish
4 x Candy Stripe Pencil Fish
9 x Rams, but they will be in there only until they pair up and can be moved to their own breeding tanks from there.
3 x Rummy Nose Tetras
9 x Pygmy Cory's
6 x Dwarf Pepper Cory's
2 x Peacock Gobies
3 x Firefly Loaches
2 x Dwarf Anchor Catfish
1 x Cockatoo Male
1 x Viejieta Male
2 x Angel Plecos OR
1 x Bulldog Pleco.

This is a 100lt, 91cm tank with 2 x 39w T5 globes and it currently has a 700lph powerhead filter, a 200w heater currently set at 28 deg C (because of the Rams), running in it.

Plants that I currently have in here are UG, Hair grass, Glosso, Blyxa Japonica, Dwarf Crypts, Baby's Tears, HM, Aponogeton, Grandulosa, Rotala pink, New Zealand grass, Potamogeton Gayii, Pogostomon Octopus, Willow Leaf Hygro, Sunset Hygro, Normal Hygro, Mayaca Fluviatius, and a couple of others I cant quite remember.

Please can you help in telling me what the best fish combination would be that, like I said won't destroy my scape...

Thank you for your help.
LOTS of fish on that list! If I were you, I would go with;
- A single bottom dwelling cichlid (or the peacock gudgeon, depending on what you prefer). More than one species will result in potentially bad territorial clashes between the bottom dwellers.
- One large, or perhaps two small, species schools with 8 or more fish each.

The bulldog pleco, assuming it is the fish I think it is, apparently needs fast flowing water, which the other occupants might not necessarily appreciate, and Angel plecos are territorial and might not appreciate sharing space with the other bottom dwellers (wait for more opinions on this one). The cories should be fine, but personally I would go with only 1 catfish species.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@TyrannosaurusSex & @Grah the great,

Thank you for coming back to me. I'm not wanting to put all the fish on the list into the tank, I am just wanting to know which will be the best out of that list.

I just need to down scale the picture & I'll post it a little later...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.