The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello folks,

I have been wanting to scape my 10g for a while, but being new to this, don't really know how to position and arrange things as beautifully as others. I was thinking about getting rid of the current driftwood and placing some spider wood in but someone beat me to the piece I had my eyes on so this idea is no longer an option.

Any suggestions on placement of what I currently have and what I should add/remove? I would like to work with what I've got and add a few more things but am completely open to removing anything if it doesn't help with the overall scape.

Light: 2 6500K 10-watts CFL Bulbs

Ferts: Ei Dosing
(Macros: KNO3, K2SO4, and KH2PO4)
(Micros: CSM+B)
(DIY Osmocote root tabs...have not made them just yet but have the materials to do so)

Substrate: inert blasting sand with plenty of mulm

Parameters:
(Temp: around 74?-76?)
(pH: around 7.6)
(Water hardness: semi-hard....I don't know the exact values)

CO2: none...thinking about a DIY system but unsure due to inverts in tank

Stock :
(Plants: penny wort, Amazon sword, anubias nana, moss ball, bacopa caroliniana, myriophyllum, crypt parva....

I also have three stems of ludwigia repens that seems to have too many problems and a tiny val. nana that melted down to a single tiny sprout after bringng it home)

(Critters: 3 otos, 4 neons, 2 cherries)

Photo of the tank.

Two more photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hi
First I would like to say that the first step to a nice aquascape is plant health. Thus, first focus on plant husbandry and understanding the plant shape/ growth pattern. This will result in you having more confidence to explore with different plant placement/trimming.

In my opinion the echinodorus is overwhelmingly big for the aquarium and overshadowing some plants. But we can try to work around it.

I would suggest a 'path' layout. On the left, starting from the back : E. amazonicus, Myriophyllum. Arrange the wood in a diagonal position so that it starts in the front corner and points toward the back. Also try to reduce its hight, in time in can be covered with Anubias and Moos.
On the right from the back : Bacopa , (another wood), Crypt toward the front.
Between the 2 plant zones, the Moss ball (before the wood), and anchor Pennywort. I used JBL Plantis to anchor something similar , see my journal.

Play and enjoy

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am definitely going to try that layout out, thank you :). I can transfer my swords to my split 10g Betta tank since they love lots of foliage. If I remove my swords, what could go there (that's where the filter is)?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.