The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been ignoring this tank for a few weeks, so it's a little rough right now. I'm pretty sure I'm happy with the rocks and the hygro (both types). I'm also sure that I'm less than pleased with how the tank is shaping up and I'm not quite sure what needs to change.

Should I wait for the masilea to fill in or take it out and replace it with some like e. tenellus microleaf?

Is the lobelia on the right what's giving it the blahs? I do want to keep the triangular (high left, low right) look to the tank. If the lobelia should go, what should take it's place?

I'm open for other suggestions on the layout.

Thanks for the input.

Attachments

·
PT Biologist
3,220 Posts
Cheryl,

What are the basic conditions of the tank. It's hard to make suggestions when you aren't sure what is possible and what isn't.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oops--thanks Sean.

It's a 15 gallon tank and it's got 65 watts of PC lighting. I'm using DIY CO2, so I want to stick with medium and easier plants. I've got a couple of African cichlids in the tank, so the gh and kh run a little higher than is optimal (but still below what the fish would probably like)--maybe 6-7 on both.

The impression I get when I look at the tank is like it's a solid, heavy, motionless lump. I'm not sure if I need a foreground that's a little "airier" or to get away from having all solid, heavy plants in the background.

Thanks,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.