The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the following tanks for my planted tank setup.

Greenleaf 63cmx45cmx45cm (24.8"x18"x18") - 34 gallons

Oceanic Illuminata 36"x18"x21" - 57 gallons

Seeing as the Oceanic has only normal glass (I think), I am leaning toward the Greenleaf but I am concerned about the length of the tank.

Can I find accessories like lighting, stand, etc with a tank width of 24.8"?

I have also looked at Mr.Aqua but I dont know much about that brand. They seem to have the same size tanks as Orlando at GL.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Yeah, most 24" fixtures have adjustable legs. I know Coralife, JBJ, and Tek fixtures do.

Those are two nice tanks, but ultimately it depends on what size you want. Rimless tanks comes in all sizes, so the question is do you want 34g or 57g. You'll be happy with either. I've seen the Illuminata in person and it's a great tank, and I've seen plenty of pictures of the GLA tanks....you'll be more than happy with either.

I think you can special order the illuminata in low-iron glass, one of our LFS here has one. He said it was a special order.

Being in Texas, you can also check out the manufacturer Deep Sea Aquatics. There used to be the Oceanic plant in Dallas. Oceanic pulled out and the plant went into business for themselves.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
would you worry about leaks with any of these tanks?

Not any more than a standard rimmed tank.

I think it really just comes down to whatever size/dimensions you want.

If it were me, it would depend on what other size tanks I already had. If I had mostly smaller aquariums already, I'd go with the 57g, if I had larger aquariums, I'd go with the GLA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts