The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am in desperate need of a good plant light for a tall tank. The tank is 20L x 18W x 29 inches tall. I need at least some light to hit the bottom. It is for a low tech tank. Help please!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
While somewhat expensive, the EcoTech Marine Radion XR15 FW Freshwater LED fixture would do a great job in a tank like that. You should only need one of them. The downside is cost. At about $300, it may be a lot more than you wish to spend.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I decided to try and contact Finnex and get their ideas. They recommended the Ray 2 DS. I've got it on there and the light seems to be hitting the bottom well. The tank looks great!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I will make one observation. A manufacturer will always choose one of their own products as "best for you". This may be the case, but then again, often it is not.

In my opinion you are better off taking future advice from independent people that are not trying to sell a product. Finnex is a good product, and it should work well for you, but consider what you might have ended up with had you called some of the other vendors out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.