The Planted Tank Forum banner

Suggestions/Help with Florascaping, 60gal Tank - Symmetrical Design

982 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Squatchmen
60gal Tank Set-Up​

So I'm doing some research and found a sh*t ton of B.E.A.Utiful plants that I could have in my tank which right now I'm redoing my substrate to have eco-complete in it as well and I'm going to hopefully have a nice light fixture on the holidays. Maybe even later I'll get a Co2 injection system, but that can wait. I have 2o something different plants on my list ranging from foreground, mid ground, and background:
---------------------------------------…
> Rotala Verticillaris
> Riccia Fluitans
> Lileaopsis Brasiliensis
> Hygrophila Polysperma
> Heteranthera Zosterifolia
> Glossostigma Elatinoides
> Didiplis Diandra
> Cyperus Helferi
> Cabomba Furcata
> Ammannia Gracilis
> Java Moss
> Anubias Congensis
> Cryptocoryne Wendtii
> Vallisneria Gigantea
> Broadleaf Sword
> Nomaphila Stricta
> Cordyline Red Edge
> Pogostemon Stellatus
> Limnophila Aromatica
> Sagittaria Platyphylla
---------------------------------------…

I know I could fill my tank up with just one, but lets say I'm doing a symmetrical style design, and so just think of filling a 30 gallon tank, how many plants could you do if you chose background, mid-ground, and foreground plants how many could you shove in that small space?

Also, I need help selecting plants from the list that would look REALLY good with each other so I need help with that, I plan on making my tank symmetrical so that the only non-symmetrical aspect of my tank is this big branching driftwood piece I have floating in the corner of my tank that looks sweet. The next thing is having most of my small 5"-12" drift wood pieces in the center and they spiral outward, on the left and right side of my tank I'm having two stacks of slate.

Thanks
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Diana

Hmmm, you might be confused - I have a 60 gallon tank but I'm picking plants that can be symmetrical and go on both sides of the tank, most likely I'll have just one foreground and one background. Mid-ground is another story where I'll need help in cramming them together

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.