The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, Recently aquired an eheim aquastyle 9 - It came with some biological media pellets and a spongey thing for the filter as stock. What I'm wondering is if I should go ahead and get replacements for both of those now and also if there are other things one might suggest I get for my' filter like carbon or charcoal or whatever is used.. I'm new to all of this so some suggestions and your' reasons for each would help alot.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hey everyone, Recently aquired an eheim aquastyle 9 - It came with some biological media pellets and a spongey thing for the filter as stock. What I'm wondering is if I should go ahead and get replacements for both of those now and also if there are other things one might suggest I get for my' filter like carbon or charcoal or whatever is used.. I'm new to all of this so some suggestions and your' reasons for each would help alot.
I'm pretty sure that foam can be reused by rinsing it with tank water as well as your biological media. They last a long time too.

Also, if it can fit, try out purigen. A lot here including myself use it instead of carbon and does a great job keeping the water crystal clear. That can also be regenerated using a bleach solution and a Prime bath.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts