The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for lighting suggestions for a shrimp rack. The shelves are 24"×72" and will hold six 10 gallon tanks each. I am planning to stick with low light plants (anubias, java fern, buce, various types of moss). Hoping for minimal algae and a low price tag (i.e. would a shop light work for this purpose?). Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
I am looking for lighting suggestions for a shrimp rack. The shelves are 24"×72" and will hold six 10 gallon tanks each. I am planning to stick with low light plants (anubias, java fern, buce, various types of moss). Hoping for minimal algae and a low price tag (i.e. would a shop light work for this purpose?). Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Depends on how picky you are with the quality of light going into the tanks. Do you need something with high CRI? Or are you just looking to light the tanks? I am really happy with my smart bulb setup right now. I think they do pretty good if you don't mind adding a fixture. If you don't care if your light is 70 to 80 cri then a 5000-6000k shop light will certainly work and will be your cheapest option.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.