The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I live in a small town and do not have many options for purchasing plants. What are some good online sites I can check out to buy aquatic plants?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Start with the Sale/Trade section on this forum. Usually lots of good stuff there.
Using a desktop/laptop go to Forums>Member Forums>Sale/Trade.

Just an annoying word of caution when buying with many online retailers be prepared for mislabeled plants. Read reviews if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been looking for Christmas moss for ever it seems. Really wanting to try anything in my hard- high ph water besides amazon sward, anubias, and java fern I find in LFS.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I've purchased from Buceplant.com and from a variety of etsy and ebay sellers. I've heard good things about dustins fish tanks. One issue you might have this time of year is the plants surviving till they get indoors if you live somewhere cold. Making sure they don't sit long outside your door will be pretty important if its cold enough for them to freeze.

·
Registered
16g rimless cherry shrimp, 20g cube dwarf cichlid, 40g breeder nano community.
592 Posts
I've gotten a lot of plants from others here. I've also successfully gotten plants from buceplant.com, h20plants.com, aqurariumcoop.com and etsy.com. I usually start here and make my way down that list.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Plants are hard to come by right now because of the pandemic. If you are trying to find something very specific, I have found recently that it's quite hard. I have been looking for a large amazon sword variety of echinodorus major martii. or ruffled sword I believe. When I finally found some and ordered some, they are super tiny. Also have tried to find Rotala Indica everywhere to no avail.

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
317 Posts
I have never ordered plants online before so I don't have any experience. But I was looking to buy online and I saw Jacobs aquarium and he has pretty decent prices. I was thinking to order from him. Does anyone have any experience ordering from him?

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Start with the Sale/Trade section on this forum. Usually lots of good stuff there.
For some reason it says I do not have access to this. Maybe one has to have made a certain number of posts or something or be a particular member level??

I'm giving AquariumPlants.com a try. We will see. I think I should have waited. It just dropped below freezing in my area again.

·
Registered
303 Posts
For some reason it says I do not have access to this. Maybe one has to have made a certain number of posts or something or be a particular member level??

I'm giving AquariumPlants.com a try. We will see. I think I should have waited. It just dropped below freezing in my area again.
Looks like you have been on here a while though so I doubt that’s it. You can only access it on the NON-mobile version. Did you try it from a desktop computer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Yes, I did. States, "You have insufficient privileges to reply here." on both For sale/trade and WTB/RAOK.
Oh! I know what's going on there. Apparently it's been a thing for a while where you can't respond to threads in the WTB/RAOK and FS/T forums. You can still PM people to buy their stuff (hehehe I'm gonna buy soooooo many shrimp...)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.