The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm totally new to planted tankes, but my tank seems to be doing quite well, and is due for a good cleaning/trimming.
Attached are pictures of the tank . . any suggestions? I have some java moss that needs to be weeded out of there, and the log on the right side in the pic, isn't water logged yet, but kinda trapped by the cover.
Other than that i have some Val (i think), Crypt, Java fern and Anubias to work with.
Edited to add: 55 gallon, low tech.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Seems pretty nice, good start. First off, that fake background needs to go. Just replace it with a solid black one with no paintings.

Other than that it looks really good, actually! What I would do then is add some tall grassy type of plants in the back left that come up and out over the top of the water a little bit, like balansae or vals. Then, place some type of bushy stem plants in a few places here and there in the midground, like maybe baby tears/pearl grass. Try getting a moss carpet going over that yucky looking gravel and that will go a long way towards making the scape stand out.

Good job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.