The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to redo (or reorganize) my aquascape. I would prefer to use the plants I already have. Just reorganize them a bit. It seems that how ever I move the plants around I don't like them. I have a few different species of anubias, some attached to driftwood, others anchored in the substrate. And then my favorite marimos, which I have roughly 20+ of. Should I do a simple setup? A big piece of driftwood with all my plants bunched up on it? Spread them out? Any suggestions are appreciated. I really do not want to purchase more/other species of plants. The bottom pic is the tank currently. The bottom pic (sorry it uploaded upside-down) is what it use to look like. So how can I do this?

Attachments

·
Registered
649 Posts
I cannot think of a good way of using what you currently have. I think it would look good if you had several thin pieces of driftwood that spanned the tank like an arch to attach some smaller species of anubias (such as nana petite). This way you could highlight your favorite plant, the marimo. I have heard of someone cutting and unfolding marimo balls to create a carpet. You could try that as well.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard of someone cutting and unfolding marimo balls to create a carpet. You could try that as well.
My heart would break along with the marimo. Haha.

Spiderwood looks interesting. I have some Nana petite in my setup currently. One plants that is very bushy and some tiny pieces here and there. I would hate to get rid of the bigger pieces of anubias. I wonder if bunching it all up would look alright?

·
Registered
872 Posts
I love the current setup as-is. Wouldn't change any of that. The spiderwood as you mentioned could be a cool addition. If you hang the pieces upside down with fishing line from the top of the tank and have them fall in from left to right and right to left from each of the back corners, it could add a nice sense of depth. Awesome collection of marimo moss balls!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.