The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got two established tanks and just purchased another 10g. Ive started it running a few days ago with a mixture of black substrate ( small black gravel and black sand )

Water pH is 7.6 or so in my other tanks with plants so I assume it will be the same in this one. It is currently running with a heater at 80* and a Aqueon 20 HOB filter with established media from another tank.

Im not sure what I want to put in it for livestock. Lowtech tank with no CO2 standard hood with one T8 6700k bulb. Low maintenance and easy plants/fish are a must. I have crypts, wysteria, swords and anacharis in my other tanks and they are all growing great with Seachem Flourish Comprehensive and food tabs. The fish in my other tanks are Neon Tetras ( have issues right now with them-3 dead since Saturday ) Rainbow Shark, Julii Corydoras and Peppered Corydoras and a male Betta Splendens.

Suggestions for fish and plants? Thinking about either a divided betta tank with two bettas ( male/female or male/male ) OR 5 or 6 of some sort of Corydoras with a centerpiece fish OR a school of Rummynose Tetras ( how many in a 10 gallon ? ) with some Corydoras OR open to suggestions.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ive got two established tanks and just purchased another 10g. Ive started it running a few days ago with a mixture of black substrate ( small black gravel and black sand )

Water pH is 7.6 or so in my other tanks with plants so I assume it will be the same in this one. It is currently running with a heater at 80* and a Aqueon 20 HOB filter with established media from another tank.

Im not sure what I want to put in it for livestock. Lowtech tank with no CO2 standard hood with one T8 6700k bulb. Low maintenance and easy plants/fish are a must. I have crypts, wysteria, swords and anacharis in my other tanks and they are all growing great with Seachem Flourish Comprehensive and food tabs. The fish in my other tanks are Neon Tetras ( have issues right now with them-3 dead since Saturday ) Rainbow Shark, Julii Corydoras and Peppered Corydoras and a male Betta Splendens.

Suggestions for fish and plants? Thinking about either a divided betta tank with two bettas ( male/female or male/male ) OR 5 or 6 of some sort of Corydoras with a centerpiece fish OR a school of Rummynose Tetras ( how many in a 10 gallon ? ) with some Corydoras OR open to suggestions.
Why do you have your heater on on 80? Don't place 2 male bettas together in your 10 gallon. They will kill each other. Rummynose tetras are very sensitive, they require pristine water conditions.

For plants I recommend Anubias nana, and Java fern (That's all the plants I have experience with therefore that's all I recommend to you).

Lampeyes are cool and very active, you could get a school of 8 and have 3 small cories in with them. Lemon tetras, celestial danios, black neons, etc. are all also good options.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The heater is on 80 while I cycle the tank and get it ready to add some plants. Im going to add plants first and then add some fishes.

The bettas would be in a divided tank so they couldnt fight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts