The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im setting up a 125 gal planted aquarium and Im looking for suggestions for lighting. Im a beginner to planted aquariums so I dont have the slightest idea of where I should start. Ive read several different articles and posts about the subject but the majority have been geared toward lighting smaller aquariums. The Finnex Planted+ 24/7 fully automated interests me but I dont know if those will work with my aquarium and if not if there is anything else out there that gives similar options.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Chex out the Fluvial Planted Plus 2.0 LED you can turn them up or down to get hight light or med light or low light whet ever your plants needs are I have 2X36" on my 125 and love them

·
Registered
12,541 Posts
Im setting up a 125 gal planted aquarium and Im looking for suggestions for lighting. Im a beginner to planted aquariums so I dont have the slightest idea of where I should start. Ive read several different articles and posts about the subject but the majority have been geared toward lighting smaller aquariums. The Finnex Planted+ 24/7 fully automated interests me but I dont know if those will work with my aquarium and if not if there is anything else out there that gives similar options.
If you don't want automation (other than off/on unless you do some creative hacking) Beamswork makes some 72" functional lighting for that tank.
12,000 lumens for $140.............
DsunY makes some controlled ( set or wifi ) panels though these are sent from China direct.. Not exactly cheap but probably close to 2 Fluval planted plus 2.0's..
plug into eek bay search bar:
sold on amazon once in awhile..
I have no problems /w the 2.0 just like lights that fit sort of.. depends on the tank.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Another Fluval lighting fan chiming in. Lights that you can dim and adjust are your friend. You wouldn't use a Fluval Eco ( I have one on each of my smaller tanks) on a tank that big, but the Fluval Aqua Sky is awesome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another Fluval lighting fan chiming in. Lights that you can dim and adjust are your friend. You wouldn't use a Fluval Eco ( I have one on each of my smaller tanks) on a tank that big, but the Fluval Aqua Sky is awesome.
I definitely need the automation, I checked out the Fluval Aqua Sky, they look like they may be what Im looking for and I like the idea that they work on both freshwater tanks and saltwater.

·
Registered
12,541 Posts
I definitely need the automation, I checked out the Fluval Aqua Sky, they look like they may be what Im looking for and I like the idea that they work on both freshwater tanks and saltwater.
for a tank that big you would need 4 (2x2) just to get a fair amount of light and good coverage at:

Wattage: 27 W

Lumens: 1,850 LM

CRI: 3,000-25,000K

Lifetime hours: 50,000

Light dispersion: 120-degree
http://www.valuepetsupplies.com/flu...m_medium=cpc&gclid=CNv6oa38sM0CFQeTfgod1nUCxg

Reactions: luckyintn
1 - 6 of 6 Posts