The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father has an aquarium for some guppies and other assorted livebearers. It's a 36" long 33 gallon, 18" deep. It contains cryptocorynes, swords, ludwigia repens and vallisneria, aka some low light plants. Is T5NO still a good option? Any T5HO 1x39 fixtures? He would prefer a light that's simple, bulbs are inexpensive and few to replace (and easy to find...like industrial 6700K bulbs).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The sooner the better, as we are without a light at the moment. Coralife 2x21W T5NO fixture broke.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your suggestion. Anyone else? Not really looking to buy a light that is more capable than what I need as it will never be more than a low-tech tank.

·
Algae Grower
6,444 Posts
i would stick with a t5no fixture. i made a 2x21w(36") t5no fixture for my low tech tank and it is working out great. my tank is 20" deep and the crypts are putting out new leaves every week. i was considering going with the hagen glo single bulb t5ho fixture. that most likely would have worked well too. i couldn't justify the cost though(they seem over priced to me.) after i had finished making my fixture, it dawned on me that i could have picked up a single bulb 48" t5ho fixture from a hydroponics store for cheap and then just hacked off a foot. i may end up trying that for my 29g...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts