The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to hear some suggestions or constructive criticism on my scape. Also been thinking about rescaping my tank using the same plants and maybe switching out my ludwigia in the back right with a similar stem plant, but smaller. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
918 Posts
I think your tank looks beautiful. If it were mine, I would not rescape it! I like it as is, but if you don't like the ludwigia at the back right, you could change that out for something different. However, I wouldn't change it, but would just prune it a bit, particularly on the left hand side (almost middle of tank, in order to allow the eye travel to the back of the tank). The only other thing I might do, is add a bit of colour in the foreground. You have a mix of colours in the background, and the mid-ground, but a line of only green across the front. Maybe a colour at the right front corner might add a bit of interest.

However, as I said initially, I think it is a gorgeous tank. Well done :)

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
I really like this. How big is the tank? You have basically pulled off dutch style in a very small space, which to me is impressive.

I might think about replacing the plant in the right foreground (is that hygrophila or staurogyne?) since you already use on the left next to the AR. Maybe you could continue the glosso carpet all the way across the front.

Very nice either way.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the compliments and suggestions!

I really like this. How big is the tank? You have basically pulled off dutch style in a very small space, which to me is impressive.

I might think about replacing the plant in the right foreground (is that hygrophila or staurogyne?) since you already use on the left next to the AR. Maybe you could continue the glosso carpet all the way across the front.

Very nice either way.
The tank is only a 10 gallon since I'm new to high tech. The plant in the right foreground is staurogyne. I didn't really want to continue the glosso carpet because it's pretty hard to trim it in that small corner.
I added an ar trimming there, but I feel like it'll be too much ar in the tank. Any plant suggestions to add to the front right corner?

I didn't even know the moss street was a thing, I just put it there because my shrimp like it alot lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.