The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
That is one nicely managed tank. Glosso should work or, maybe, try dwarf hair grass.

While the tank is beautiful, my personal taste runs more towards multi-level tanks. I would be itching to move most of the tank forward and to plant taller stems in the back.

v3

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
Not bad at all and to each it's own.

Not to push it, but selecting the stem plants for a specific tank does take time and some searching around. Instead of using a mile a day plants, slower growers, even in a high light co2 tank, is another way to go. Want a bright yellow background? Check out Nesaea Golden, as an off-the-wall example.

Btw. I love Blyxa.

v3

·
Registered
555 Posts
Not bad at all and to each it's own.

Not to push it, but selecting the stem plants for a specific tank does take time and some searching around. Instead of using a mile a day plants, slower growers, even in a high light co2 tank, is another way to go. Want a bright yellow background? Check out Nesaea Golden, as an off-the-wall example.

Btw. I love Blyxa.

v3
I use Nesaea Pedicellata "Golden" in my tanks and I love it. However, with Co2, ferts, and high light, this plant also grows like mad. Beautiful plant though none the less.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That looks very nice. It's grown in well over the course of 2 months.

Before, I would have agreed with others that it could use some stems in the back. Not so much now though, that's a great look.
Thanks, the blyxas grew just like how I predicted. The tallest one is already half the height of my tank which creates a beautiful background

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.