The Planted Tank Forum banner

Suggested Canister Filter for 12-14 gallon tank?

2211 Views 10 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  kevreh
I have a 12 gallon nano cube that I am converting to freshwater. I plan on removing the overflow area in the back and using the whole tank area. I'm not exactly sure how many gallons this will be in total - somewhere between 12 and 14. Can you guys suggest a decent canister filter for this size? ;)
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Well, I use an eheim ecco pro 35 for my 10 gallon FW planted tank in my office and love it.
I have an Eheim 2211 on a 10 gallon tank and think it's perfect.
I have an Eheim 2211 on a modified JBJ Half Moon (8 gallons) and it works great. I left the spray bar off and turned down the flow a bit on the outtake side otherwise it was a vortex in the tank. You can't see the canister behind the tank even though both sit on the kitchen counter in the corner.
Another good option would be the Finnex PX360 canister filter.
Is the Eheim 2211 adjustable? I plan on keeping a betta, and wondered if the current would be to strong with this filter?
Yes, u can control the flow with the valve on the outflow tube.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Yes, u can control the flow with the valve on the outflow tube.

Thanks Jrill! I think I'll go with that one. I like the Eheim brand.
Thanks Jrill! I think I'll go with that one. I like the Eheim brand.
Good choice. I have had several and hardly a problem beyond normal wear. Big als carries parts if u ever need.

Go to amazon or ebay and search sunsun. Great canister filters for the money. Comes with hose, inlets and outlets, filter media.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.