The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I think a lot of them do well with highlight. I am about to give up in trying to carpet my foreground. The plants either they melted or died. When they can begin to root, my fish were nipping them all the leaves. I am about to stick with couple of small cryp plants at the front and be done with.

Many of them are hard to cultivate because some don't have a strong root system. All of them would do really well with high CO2. Many of them would prefer finer substrates.

·
Premium Member
2,556 Posts
I'm currently working on getting some H. araguia...been wanting this little guy for awhile now. I might suggest belem, glosso, and hc. How big is the tank? My personal favorite fg is S. "porovelho" although that might change when I get my hygro.

·
Premium Member
2,556 Posts
HC? i've seen it 1 million times but i have no clue what it is

also it is a 29Gallon
hemianthus callictrichoides (I butchered the spelling) is that green stuff with the tiny leaves....

·
Premium Member
2,556 Posts
Good luck with the HC. I'm planning on getting some myself in the future...I'm switching to slower growing plants I'm tired of trimming.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am in the market for a foreground plant as all i have are mid or background plants.. i need a crawler or grass of some sort

prefer high light tolerant

thankies in advance
I have a completely carpeted aquarium with dwarf HC. It is beautiful but yes, fast growing with high light and the right parameters. I am now dealing with the unexpected woes of trimming it down to fight off the algae, as it is so thick that it dies from the from the bottom up in the thickest areas. But with enough love it works!

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i dont mind trimming at all.. in fact i have to trim my wisteria about every 3 days.. it is a true weed

it makes up over 50% of my plant mass.. and the bigger a mother plant gets.. the faster it grows

1 - 14 of 14 Posts