The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have a ten gallon tank that has been up and running I would say around six months. Equipment are as follows
Marina S15 slim filter, single sponge filter, 50w heater which keeps the tank about 23C, regular black gravel substrate, home made lighting on for eight hours consisting of three led bulbs purchased off ebay and one cfl bulb do not remember the wattage, small amount of seyriu stone. Planted with baby tears, flame moss, moss ball, anubias, and hornwort. I do not do wc's just top off the tank every couple of weeks, have not done any water tests. Decided today to check the TDS for the giggles of it and it read 679. Mind you after doing much reading on the shrimp threads I realize that is supposed to be extremely high for any kind of shrimp. What the moral of this post is that even though I have extremely high TDS my shrimp are thriving, many many baby shrimp running around the tank and no deaths.
This is the most recent picture of the tank, of course things have been moved around some since then.
View attachment 305570

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
ive had crs in high ph and tds like ph of about 8 and tds of 325. they were to young to breed and died in the moved back to oklahoma. they cooked in the moving truck because hubby forgot they were in the cab with him. now i didnt put the crs in those conditions on purpose they hid in a plant i moved over and saw them after about 2 weeks the plant being in the neo tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.