The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After two years of trial and error i am finally having some success with shrimp so i wanted to share some pictures. This tank has taiwan bee, mischlings and blue velvets. I also have a tank of carbon rili i will post pictures of next.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My first attempt in this tank was with blue tigers. I lost the whole colony to what i think was a bacterial infection. This tank has pressurized co2 with a milwalkee controller so i can keep the ph at 6.3 without an active soil. I am in the process of cycling another tank with amazonia that i plan to keep taiwan bees only.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My first attempt in this tank was with blue tigers. I lost the whole colony to what i think was a bacterial infection. This tank has pressurized co2 with a milwalkee controller so i can keep the ph at 6.3 without an active soil. I am in the process of cycling another tank with amazonia that i plan to keep taiwan bees only.
ouch :( thanks for the info! the reason I asked is cause I really wanna get some taiwan bees, but I feel like there's a lot that can go wrong. So I'm trying to learn from everyone else here :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I inject just enough co2 to keep my ph stable. I think i lost shrimp in the past because of ph swings. Why, is it common for shrimp to stop breeding when co2 is injected?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I really like the Taiwan bee... Also...if you put the black and red together... do you get any shrimps like brown or light red color? OR you have any method to have them breed with "the correct color" partners?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It is a 30g tank. I also dose ebiken sosei with every water change. This is the second time i have heard a comment that red and black taiwan bees should not be together. Is this true? What is supposed to happen?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.