The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody,

I've had subwassertang in a few tanks and some tanks grow OK, some grow slow.

Anyone successfully growing it, seeing it thrive and willing to share your water parameters, lighting regimen etc?

I "think" I've got an OK setup but still, trying to improve it.

Thanks,
Fishroom Bum

·
Registered
127 Posts
What's odd is that I had susswassertang in my tank that previously grew pretty well. When I tore this tank down and rescaped it, I put the same plant in there, except now it's growing much more slowly. I don't think it's getting less light. Obviously my water parameters are the same (pH 7 and KH about 8). Maybe when you break it up or mount a new clump of it somewhere, it's slow to start growing again.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I predicted, Subwassertang is somewhat of an enigma still to most. I will say this much... the tank where my subwassertang is grow the fastest has CO2. Surprised? I mostly top off the water. Water changes are infrequent, I have a lot of frogbit in the tank, lights are pretty intense. I'll post some water parameters at some point if we get any interest on this thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.