The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to redo one of my 2g tanks, and i was wondering if anyone had a small sample of substrate that anyone would care to share with me, as I do't care to buy a big bag of substrate for such a small surface area. I would be willing to pay if anyone's interested. Oh, and could anyone tell me where i might obtain some soilmaster select in the Fort Collins area, as that's my next course of action. Otherwise, it's back to playground sand, as I suffer from the poorness so rampant amongst college students:icon_roll

·
Registered
160 Posts
The smallest size sample of Soilmaster you can get is 50 lbs!

Seach www.lesco.com for a site near you.

s

[fyi: I'm planning on picking up a bag myself. I'm only currently planning on 2 Nano tanks (8g and 5g) although those seem like "famous last words". Maybe I can ship some to you.]

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for the information.

Dogfreak: denizens is my favorite fish store in Colorado (though I have yet to visit any in Denver) because of its great selection. I go there at least weekly.

Frawg: thanks for the offer. If it works out for you, I would be happy to pay you for enough to cover my little 2g. It's a tall hex, so I would need only a little. If you get it and decide you're interested, please feel free to pm me.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
I have some Soilmaster Pro Select Charcoal left from my tanks. I could send you enough for a 2.5 gallon tank in a flat rate Priority mail box- $8.05 postage only. Interested? PM me if so.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the offer, Hoppy. If things don't work out here in the next week or so, I will certainly send you a pm. In the meantime, I might go visit Denver soon...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.