The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so overfeeding and such can cause them. even if you dont over feed, if some food makes it down there you get them... you dont ever see them unless u disturb the substrate..

I WANNA KNOW HOW THEY GET THERE!!!
dry flake food isn't an option.. how would they survive a VERY dry processed environment

frozen brine shrimp and blood worms.... well... they are frozen the shrimp and bloodworms died in the process what about these little boogers.. i want to know

i pick up my hardscape and they came floating out... im not scare, my tetras ate them like they were candy... i just wanna know how

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'd LOVE to know how that one happened... my tank got NUKED by my son cranking the c02. i neglected it and algae and all sorts of other stuff grew and when it did all the plant mass got dipped in bleach, and the tank got a 500ml dose of excel to kill everything left.

so they would def have to hitchhike my fishies,, even then though. i've never noticed them in my lfs tanks, and i frequent there enough to see and help with water changes.

so im not saying its not possible, but im curious if there is other ways

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Free live food!

I used to have substrate worms too. They all died off when my entire tank sat anaerobic for 15 years.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I used to have those detritus worms. it has something like a needle at his head. doing the S movement swim. my danios love them. now i don't see them anymore. i put some anti parasite liquid in my tank a while back... and hundreds appear out of nowhere! my fish ate all of them.

i do see some worms sometimes. but not as abundant anymore. so far my tank has been free of visible worms for a while now.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I once forgot to turn my canister filter back on after a water change, it was left off for 9 or so hours. After I came back and finally turned it back on, a lot of White worms came flying out of the output nozzle. The fish went crazy hunting for them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.