The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
i was just going to get a thin sheet of black plastic and cut them to size.

i was thinking of using them in the substrate to help keep my DHG and HC seperated. I know that it near impossible to do so, but theses MAY slow it down a bit. Making it more managable.

My only concern is it dislodging and floating up.....

but i am going to try it anyway

·
Registered
816 Posts
I use clear pieces of lexan plastic that I cut up from the package something came in.

i was thinking of using them in the substrate to help keep my DHG and HC seperated. I know that it near impossible to do so, but theses MAY slow it down a bit. Making it more managable.
That's what I use the dividers and you are correct, it will slow it down, but some shoots will find their way around or over it.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I just did this to keep sand and gravel separate. I used a small piece of plexiglass from Home Depot, cut it to size, superglue to attach to the bottom of the tank and then silicone to keep them in place.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was just going to get a thin sheet of black plastic and cut them to size.

My only concern is it dislodging and floating up.....

but i am going to try it anyway
That's EXACTLY what I want to do as well. Although thinking about it now, I might just scrap the DHG and decide to just do HC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts